Social media is one of the most powerful online marketing tools for dentists and orthodontists. Are you taking advantage of this amazing resource?
Not only does social media allow you to take your online marketing beyond your website, but it also helps you reach a staggeringly large audience to build your personal brand and land new patients.
Whether you’re a seasoned social media pro or head of a dental practice with zero social media presence, there’s good news: we’ve got some quick tips to help, no matter what the social media status of your practice may be.
Have a look.
Facebook: The Best Social Media Platform for Dentists and Orthodontists
There are over 100 social media sites on the web, so when it comes to using social media to market your dental practice online and attract new patients, it’s important to choose the right medium. For dentists and orthodontists, that first means focusing your efforts on 1 social media platform:
- Facebook – With over 1.8 billion registered users, Facebook is easily the best platform to focus your social media efforts. When it comes to promoting your dental or orthodontic practice on Facebook, you can do a couple of things off the bat to enhance your efforts:
- Link your personal and dental practice pages so you can share relevant posts on both – that way, you’ll increase the visibility of your business with minimal effort.
- Invite friends, colleagues, and employees to Like your practice page.
- Use Facebook Ads to get your dental practice seen by your ideal patients – By spending as little as $5 per day on Facebook Ads, you can set parameters such as age, gender, location, and reach hundreds (even thousands!) of targeted users.
We recommend waiting until you’re really Facebook savvy before exploring other social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and others.
Social Media Tips for Dentists and Orthodontists
Whether you’re solely focused on Facebook or have branched out to other platforms, these tips will help you take your social posts to the next level.
- Be personal, not clinical. We’ve previously discussed the importance of knowing how patients define a great dentist. For patients, it’s not about clinical excellence, but about how comfortable they’re made to feel in your office. Patients want to see that same personal touch in your social media efforts. How does a dentist or orthodontist come off as personal (yet still professional) on social media? Easy. Avoid clinical images of your handiwork, and instead post pictures of your amazingly welcoming office, your smiling team and colleagues, and your happy patients.
Thanks to my fantastic team, 6 years strong together Here’s to 6 more years!
Celebrating with Mary – her braces are finally off, and treatment is complete. Congrats on your beautiful smile!
Happy Birthday to our favorite dental hygienist!
- Be strategic. Make sure your posts direct users to relevant pages – Contact Us, About, your dental practice Blog – rather than leading them to webpages that have no strategic purpose. One of the best ways to make sure your content is relevant is to include a call to action.
Check out our newest blog post to learn more!
Click here to leave your review on our site.
Book your appointment today!
- Be engaging. Patients love posts that involve their point of view, so aim for engagement whenever you post: encourage patients to ask questions, leave comments, and write reviews on your page. Similarly, always respond to any question, comment, or review left on your page.
What’s your favorite part about going to the dentist?
Be honest: titanium or zirconia? Leave your answers below.
How was your experience during your last visit? Leave us a review and let us know how we did!
- Be brief. Lengthy posts can sabotage even the best social media campaigns. Keep it short and sweet by summing it up in 100 words or less.
Braces vs. clear aligners? Check out our most recent blog post and find out which is best for you!
Got a toothache? We’ve got your covered. Contact us now for immediate treatment.
- Be a problem-solver. You know your patients best. What problem do you solve for them on a daily basis? Do you talk patients through their anxieties about funding their dental treatment? Do you use the latest in technology to provide the best specialized dental care in your area? Do you help teenage patients and their parents opt for the best, least invasive orthodontic treatment? Think about what it is that you do to solve problems for your patients, and feature your solutions in your social media posts.
Worried about the cost of your dental care? We’ve got more payment plans that any other dentist in town. Learn more today.
Afraid of fillings? We can help with that. Call us today and find out how.
Worried braces will ruin your social life? Find out more about clear aligners for teens. Contact us today.
- Be grateful. Use social media to show gratitude for your patients. Doing so creates instant trust with potential patients and solidifies loyalty with your current patients.
A special shout out to all our patients – we love working with you!
Thanks to each and every one of our patients – to us, you’re family.
Even with all the best tips and tricks, social media can feel overwhelming — especially for busy dentists and orthodontists.
If you need help with your social media – whether it’s tips and tricks or completely revamping your strategy – we can help. You’ll attract new patients and grow your practice.
Contact us today, and we’ll get your social media and online marketing strategy working for you.